Albert got started as a serial entrepreneur by writing the very first version of Course Hero, which grew to recently be valued at $3.6B as a leading SaaS education company. Albert also co-founded Soom, a biomedical tracking company, which was acquired in 2015 and grew to $10M+ ARR. Post acquisition, Albert worked on the early product teams at notable Silicon Valley unicorns Teespring, Checkr, and now Chime. Albert graduated with a degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Cornell University.
SaaStats (YC W19)
Senior Product Manager
Did you know that over $200M has been paid out to Shopify app developers in the past 4 years? That Salesforce AppExchange is a $4B+/year business? In this session, we're going to demystify this under-the-radar world of SaaS platform app ecosystems. We'll be discussing hot topics related to SaaS app ecosystems like:
* When does a SaaS platform open up for developers to build apps on?
* What kind of business models exist for these SaaS app ecosystems?
* What team should own this?
* What kind of internal apps do companies build on SaaS platforms?
* Can these apps become venture-scale businesses?
In this session, we're going to demystify this under-the-radar world of internally-built apps that provide support to ticketing ecosystems like Zendesk. We'll be discussing hot topics like:
* What kinds of apps are Customer Support teams using or building around their ticketing systems?
* What results are these teams getting?
* How much does this kind of software development cost to build or buy?
* What team should own these apps?
I am a serial entrepreneur with a successful exit, currently working on 2nd co. I also angel invest.