Hello, my name is Deborah Hutchison. As an energetic gutsy thinker, I’m not a believer in boxes… I’m not even a believer in thinking outside of them. I know the box itself is an illusion. In this life, we’re made to be relentless self-thinkers, NOT followers. This is where I come in: I’m here to impart people with the tools they need to not only tap into their hidden potential, but pave the way to a brighter, more empowering future. Ultimately, the time to start being unapologetically you is not today and certainly not tomorrow...it's right now!
After years of taking my own advice and learning as much as possible, I now make my mission a reality each day through the many hats I wear, which include serial entrepreneur, risk-taker, problem-solver, published author, multiple award-winning innovator and filmmaker, speaker, and all because I'm a gutsy gal.
Prove it you say...
- created my first business by calling Hollywood and telling them I was a casting director from the mid west and I wasn't (YET) then went out to work on 35 feature films before I sold my company.
- became a member of the Directors Guild of America in1985 after being turned down 4 times only to finally reach my goal on the fifth try.
- developed a billing system to collect my court ordered support payments from my EX.
- got published after attending a writing conference by creating a book of family and friend agreements.
- bulldozed a house when the non paying tenant wouldn't leave.
- was fired by major celebrity while working on a film but managed to get another position on same film.
- collecting getting money from the IRS, a major corporation and my first Mercedes (from a film company).
- turned my one and only (almost) #metoo experience into contract non-negotiable point.
- Wrote, co-directed and produced an CG animated short film titled "The Improbable Journey of Berta Benz".
These examples are just a few of the stories I have to tell. I'm not afraid to name names including Princess D, Jane Fonda, the legendary writer romance best selling author, Jackie Collins and others.
I am the Founder of the Gutsy Gal Award honoring positive female role models.
Education-wise, I received my B.A. degree in English and Secondary Education from William Woods University, and for nearly two decades, I have served on their Board of Directors. However, it’s not just my academic education that has led me to where I am today, it’s my array of life experiences and the rewarding risks I’ve taken along the way.