TEN related topics define my professional interests:
1. Macro Investing: How has it fundamentally changed?
2. Emerging Markets: Same-same but different - how do we cluster them & foster south-south flows?
3. Risk Management or Resilience: how do we frame this? "I'm OK, You're OK" versus systemic/endogenous risk.
4. Capital and Currency Markets + Financial Regulation & Policy: what's the interplay here?
5. Monetary policy: Please get off the stage and let others do some work.
6. Bank Management, Business-model transformations: "Ask not what needs to be done; ask why is it that what needs to be done, does not get done".
7. Securitizing Infrastructure finance: saviour of the pension puzzle?
8. Inclusive Finance, Impact Investing: the mainstream needs it more than it needs the mainstream?
9. Constructive conflict and Diversity: True diversity, not the cosmetic kind. And let's fight more.
10. Non-executive governance: challenge & influence without command-and-control.
Governor, Investment Committee member, Board of Systemic Risk Centre, Visiting Professor-in-Practice (CIS) at LSE. Adjunct Professor at the National University of Singapore (Risk Management Institute), World Economic Forum Global Agenda Council (Financing) & Young Global Leader. Bretton Woods Committee and FT Non-Exec Directors’ club. Former MD & Global Head of Emerging Markets (FX, Rates & Credit) at UBS Investment bank. Former board member of CFA Singapore. British-Bangladeshi, married to a Singaporean – two boys.
Practice Professor, Emerging Markets Banker
Advisory Board Member
Official Monetary and Financial Institutions Forum
Governor, Visiting Professor-in-Practice, Member o
The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)