With over 15 years of experience as a CFO and Head of Finance & Operations for early- to mid-stage venture-backed companies, from Series A to Series E, I have built core operating functions from scratch. From Finance, Accounting & Business Operations to People / HR, Legal, Data & Analytics, and Business Development & Marketing, I have established robust systems to support rapid growth and ensure scalability.
- Founders: I excel at working closely with founders & CEOs during critical growth phases, providing guidance and stewardship.
- Financing: I specialize in teaching and implementing early-stage financial models that lead to successful multi-series capital raises. I confidently navigate both Debt and Equity financing.
- Functionality: I design and implement frameworks, tech stacks, and high-performing teams that are engineered for scalability, driving startups toward their goals.
- Integrity: I operate with the utmost ethics and responsibility, leading companies with honesty and transparency.
- Acknowledgment: I recognize that every team member contributes to the overall success of an organization and ensure they feel valued and recognized.
- Levity: I bring joy, energy, fun, and a positive attitude to the workplace, fostering an environment of enthusiasm and collaboration.
As an analytical general manager, I possess expertise in overseeing strategy, business operations, FP&A, and business development. My industry experience spans SaaS, marketplace, social commerce, consumer, subscription, and ad-supported models.
You've just raised your first round of venture-backed financing - congratulations! Now what? How do you not only keep track of that investment, but ensure it's being invested in the right way? I'll go through my playbook for ensuring that you're maximizing yield - and also making sure you're keeping track of those dollars.
Often, the G&A functions (Finance, People Ops, Legal, IT) are the last place to receive resources. I'll explain why this is a miss - and why investing in these functions is critically important for venture-backed startups at every size and stage.
Business Operations is an amazing function for a business, helping to unlock growth and drive execution. I'll discuss the key pillars of the function, how to staff a team, and what you should expect from a highly-functioning Biz Ops org.