The SpeakerHub blog gets thousands of hits every week, and has been steadily growing over the past 6 months. We're always looking for our expert speakers and event organizers to share their insights with our global audience.
If you have fantastic insights (exceptional writing skills) you think that our community would benefit from, we'd like to hear from you.
This article will give you a good idea of the kind of content our audience is looking for and how make a submission to the SpeakerHub blog.
What makes a great post
Successful guest posts share interesting insights about how to hire the right speakers and run a successful speaker business.
We have a tendency to write about topics that take a specific look at an issue and try to solve it, but we are also open to posting about broader, more comprehensive topics as well.
We look to publish:
- Practical articles that help speakers and event organizers improve their processes, business or techniques.
- We only publish original content and we will not republish anything that's been published elsewhere. (But you are free to re-publish it afterwards elsewhere, provided that the original post on SpeakerHub is linked.)
- The tone of the blog is professional, yet friendly and helpful. We prefer to avoid using buzzwords, jargon and colloquialism.
- We aim to keep our audience as global as possible, we, however, use American English.
- We’d like to help you promote your website/business, yet the main aim of the goal is to help our community. Guest posts that are too heavy handed in their promotion will not be accepted.
Blog post types
How to’s, Top Tips and Problem Solving: These posts give readers in-depth practical takeaways that are supported by experience, research, and relevant examples. When readers finish reading the article, they should be able to make practical changes to their process or business.
Graphics + Checklists: These posts rely heavily on an infographic, SlideShare or downloadable PDF graphic. The article will include not only the graphic, but also a few paragraphs of introduction, the embedded media itself, and any sources.
Inspiration: These posts look at sharing bigger ideas or resources for speakers and event organizers to drawn inspiration from. Whether they are a selection of great quotes, or a reading list, the goal is to inspire reader to do their work better.
Sometimes we publish posts that don't fall into one exact category or overlap categories, your post will have the best chance of being accepted if it matches one category specifically.
- Topics that have been been amply covered on our blog before. Please do a search of our blog before submitting your articles.
- Content that seems like a link-building scheme.
- Content that is too promotional for one specific individual, company or organization.
How to submit your post
Please email esther.snippe [at] speakerhub [dot] com with the following:
- Your draft post as a shareable Google Doc
- Short author bio including the link to your SpeakerHub profile.
If your article meets editorial standards and aligns with our content strategy, we will respond to let you know your article will be published. The process may take up to 4 weeks.
Additional Note: The SpeakerHub team reserves the right to edit and adapt your guest blog content as we see fit, and update it in the future for accuracy and comprehensiveness.