a seasoned executive, with more than 30 years of hands-on P&L responsibility running companies at every phase of a business' life cycle--Idea, Start-up, Growth, Maturity, Decline and Death. He also has considerable experience consulting with and supporting small and medium-sized closely-held enterprises (SME) across a range of industries, including high technology, distribution, construction, manufacturing, NGO, and professional services.
Bob has been involved in the successful sale of many businesses--both to industry consolidators and individual investors. And he has also been involved with several turn-arounds.
Bob uses his experience as the CEO of Mainsail Consulting Group combined with his experience as a competitive sailor to draw parallels between building and leading a winning yacht racing team and building and leading a winning business.
Bob helps current and emerging leaders develop business skills that are effective whether the seas are calm or storms are raging. "Yacht racing," he says, "is the perfect metaphor for business success. Businesses, like race boats, require leadership, teamwork, and rapid ideation and decision-making to be successful. Miles from land, you have only those resources you brought with you and your knowledge of the environment and your competition to eke out as much advantage as you can in a dynamic environment."
His passion to help business owners succeed, combined with years of practical experience, make Bob an excellent guide. Bob mentors his clients to develop a goal-focused mentality and the competitive skills they need to achieve long-term success. He also guides them to become great leaders that people admire and follow.
Audiences easily connect with Bob because he is interactive and fun. Bob is able to think on his feet and engage the audience with thought-provoking stories, examples and humor.
Why are some organizations overflowing with creative ideas that drive breakthrough innovation while others are always parched? The answer is that the most innovative organizations follow an effective process for generating novel ideas and then transforming those ideas into useful and viable commercial products, services, and business practices – a process Bob discovered and developed through founding or co-founding, and successfully exiting, a dozen different businesses. Learn how you, too, can apply this effective innovation process to produce amazing results.
During this experiential creativity jam session you will laugh, learn and leave with new:
* Perspective – Be metaphorically fit for new glasses so you can see innovation in a different way.
* Principles – Reference and apply the principles behind an effective innovation process.
* Practices – Use proven tools, resources and techniques for turning ideas into results.
* Plans – For how to be the Disruptor instead of the D
Leadership is a privilege, and with privilege comes great responsibilities. These include leading by example and creating an environment that inspires people to want to learn, grow and be their best.
With this program, attendees will laugh, learn and leave knowing how to:
• Drive engagement, build accountability, inspire action and produce results
• Identify the Six Key Elements of an effective team.
• Explain the value of developing a shared vision and common goals for your team.
• Identify ways to foster stronger relationships and cohesiveness in teams.
• Apply best practices to transform a collection of individuals into a team with a mix of complementary skills.
• Build and develop an effective team that maximizes the strengths of each team member.
I help organizations become the disruptor and avoid being the disrupted.