Jonathan Parker is a professional communicator, trainer, podcaster, and pastor who is passionate about serving law enforcement officers and their families.
Jonathan was raised in Savannah, GA, and after earning a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice and Bachelor of Arts in Spanish, he moved to Cleveland, TN to complete his graduate studies. He graduated from the Pentecostal Theological Seminary in 2006 with a Master of Divinity.
Jonathan began working with the Chattanooga Police Department in 2007, and has served on Patrol, as a School Resource Officer in an inner-city high school, and as an adjunct training instructor for multiple agencies. He was twice named “Officer of the Year” for the Chattanooga Police Department, received two life-saving medals – one of those for performing CPR on his wife Meredith who was clinically dead for over 15 minutes after suffering a massive heart attack eight (8) days after the birth of their daughter, and he also received the Tennessee Governor’s Homeland Security Award from former Tennessee Governor Phil Bredeson.
Jonathan speaks on a variety of topics that can be adapted to your context, including leadership, motivation, conflict resolution, principles of adult learning styles, and church, school, or corporate safety. Here are a few of the most requested presentation topics:
- The Noble Calling™ is an inspirational mix of ethics and motivation for law enforcement professionals that addresses the challenges faced and reminds them why they entered the profession.
- Watch Your Six™ encourages and equips all first responders and their families to guard the six most vulnerable areas of life to promote health and well-being in what are certainly challenging times.
- Active Shooter Response for Civilian Environments prepares school faculty and staff or corporate/businesses to prepare for and effectively respond to active violence with an emphasis on shooters.
- The Story of Meredith's Miracle deals with the night Jonathan's wife died of a massive heart attack, his efforts to save her, and her miraculous recovery. It can address rising to the occasion to overcome crisis, defeating fear and anxiety, and much more to inspire, challenge, and motivate.
- School Based Learning for topics such as Violence in our Schools, Distracted Driving, Bullying Awareness and Prevention for students or staff, and Gang Awareness and Prevention for
Jonathan is the host of the “Watch Your Six” podcast, which serves law enforcement and first responder families by providing practical resources in six critical areas to help them successfully navigate life and their career.
Jonathan, Meredith, and their daughter Olivia are the founding Pastors of Cop Church Chattanooga, a worship gathering for law enforcement families that launched in February 2015.
Jonathan can be reached via his website at www.JonathanOParker.com or www.CopChurch.com.