Last month, SpeakerHub celebrated its third birthday. We can’t believe how fast the time has flown and how much we have learned in the past three years. We’ve made a lot of changes from when we launched, but our main goal has stayed the same: help speakers get more bookings and grow their speaking business.
We wanted to take a moment to thank you for joining the site, whether as a speaker, event organizer, agency, or alumni—we wouldn’t be here without you.
We wanted to share with you some of the statistics about our growth, the inside scoop about who our speakers are, as well as some key indicators about our business.
In the past three years, we've had 5.4 million page views and 647k new visitors.
56% of these page views are from the USA—but in the past year we've seen growth in users from emerging markets like India (+6,297% from 596 users to 38k) and the Philippines (10,268%, from 105 last year to 10,887 this year.)
- We have 6,976 publicly visible speakers on the site, as well as 400 private speakers (speakers who wish to be discretionary about who sees their profile.)
- Our users are mostly under 45. The most common age of our users are millennials (35%) followed by gen x (21%) and then gen z (18%).
- We have more men than women on our site, however, the gender gap is 16%
- Number of "calls for speakers” in the past 3 years - 4,250
- Paid events posted - 492
Agencies, alumni and other white label clients
Agencies on SpeakerHub
America Innovates, Authentic Voices Group, Chasing Light Speakers,Entrepreneur Expert Agency, Forefront Admin, Georgia Speakers Bureau, Independent Book Publishers Association, International Communications Consultancy Organisation (ICCO), ITR Economics, Itty Bitty Publishing, MAGE Groupe, Maxwell James Agency, Mobaderoon Network, Modern Femme, Platinum Speakers Agency, PRCA, Prezi, Sage Talks, See Agency, Similar Web, Southeast Energy Efficiency Alliance, The Chi Group, Truli, VALIDITYENT|PR Agency, Wellness and Trauma Recovery Center, and the Women Network.
- Red Hat
- Evolutionary Business Council
- Public Speakers’ Association
- Society Speaker Directory
- UCI Alumni
SpeakerHub’s content: resources to help speakers grow their businesses
The podcast series, “World of Speakers” has been running for 22 months, and episodes are released on a bi-weekly basis Next week we will broadcast our 53th episode
- 16.4k listens
- 13.7k listens in the past year
- 70% of listeners came from the US (the next top countries to tune in are Canada, UK, and Australia.)
SkillCamp and blog
We've posted 285 original articles in the past 3 years, and in the past two years have had 344K page views.
We share an average 2 articles a week, generally on Tuesdays and Thursdays
The articles average between 1k-3.5k words: 111 how to’s, top tips and problem-solving, and inspirational articles.
- 12 guides
- 5 resources and templates
- 4 group discussions
- 69 interviews
- 52 guest posts
- 34 lists
- 32 visuals (infographics/slide decks/videos)
- 8 webinars
SkillCamp’s top posts:
- 21 insightful questions to ask when moderating your next panel discussion (plus some great tips on creating your own)
- The world's top 50 most popular motivational speakers
- 101 Quotes to inspire speakers
- Speaker One Sheet Template
- 25 quotes to inspire event planners
- 21 Smartphone apps for presenters
- 5 Ways to keep your speakers on time
- 12 Ways to handle a heckler as a professional speaker
- The Essential Speaker Checklist
- A guide to negotiating your speaking fee
We send out a weekly newsletter that includes 2-3 of our newest SkillCamp/Blog articles. Sometimes we also have special features: like a website or company update, or upcoming global event that we'd like to help advertise.
Each newsletter includes a section with a handful of articles from around the web that would be helpful to speakers, such as top recent articles from Forbes or Harvard Business Review, new technologies and trends, or free industry reports.
To all who were interviewed on the World of Speaker series in the past year, including Dr. Nick Morgan, Neil Patel, Cynthia Johnson, Dorie Clark, Drew Dudley, Angela Lussier, Teresa de Grosbois, Drew Dudley, Rebekah Radice, Josh Linkner, Sally Koering Zimney, Natalie Forest, Cameron Brown, Leon Logothetis, Bob Stromberg, Michelle Tillis Lederman, Kim Orlesky, Jabez Lebrett, Michael Dermer, Tomislav Perko, Colin Sprake, Jessica Cox, Igor Celikovic, Ivan Misner, Mitch Jackson, Manoj Vasudevan, Lance Miller, Vince Molinaro, Cathey Armillas, Alyssa Dver, Greg McKeown and Michael Levy—thank you so much for giving not only your time but incredible insights.
A very special thanks to the team here at SpeakerHub, Ryan Foland, Steve Cuthbert, Racquel Gabuna, Rosario Añon Suarez, Marija Agatonović and Esther Snippe who pull together from Belgium, the Philippines, Latvia, Serbia, Argentina, and the USA—all four corners of the globe, to keep the platform running and ensure we are producing great content for all our speakers.
We look forward to providing you with great service and more opportunities in 2019.