2017: Year in review
It has been an exciting year for SpeakerHub. We’ve made a lot of new changes from launching our new VIP and Premium accounts, the SkillCamp, a brand new podcast series specifically for professional speakers, and creating great new tools like the customizable directory: we’ve been busy helping our speakers and organizers connect.
Our main goal, helping you build your speaking business, hasn’t changed. We're committed to helping you find the right people, get better organized, and share meaningful messages.
As it is our 2nd birthday this month, we wanted to take a moment to thank you for joining the site and supporting us along the way.
Below are the achievements we’re most proud of, and some of our upcoming plans for 2018.
SpeakerHub connects people
What's coming up in 2018?
We are looking to support the network’s growth. We are signing up more speakers and creating space to feature more events, which requires a stronger, more spacious platform. For the first part of this year, we will be focusing on expanding the site to house newcomers.
We are also adding more to the profile pages and looking at creating more great content specifically for event organizers.
Upcoming things to look out for on SpeakerHub
- A faster, more reliable speaker profile editor
- More high-quality content for event planners and organizers
- A robust white-label directory that corporations, associations and bureaus can license
- Partnerships with conference organizers and more interactive tools for speakers to engage with their audiences
Like SpeakerHub? Consider sharing.
Do you like the platform and resources? Help us grow. If you know other speakers and event organizers who are looking to make great connections please share SpeakerHub with them.
VIP and Premium
Our VIP and Premium account holders get featured first in the search. We promote them on social media, as well as feature their profiles in a variety of placements on the site. They also have access to some of our best SkillCamp content, which will help them grow their business in 2018.
Top 10 articles and resources from SpeakerHub’s SkillCamp
Here are the top 10 most-read articles from SpeakerHub
2. 101 Quotes to inspire speakers
3. The Essential Speaker Checklist
4. Presenting around the world: Cross-cultural humour guide
5. 21 Smartphone apps for presenters
6. 8 Storytelling techniques to use on stage
7. 5 Ways to keep your speakers on time
8. 6 ideas for moderating engaging panel discussions
9. A guide to negotiating your speaking fee
10. 21 insightful questions to ask when moderating your next panel discussion (plus some great tips on creating your own)
See a more visual version of this list on the SpeakerHub blog.
As our network has been growing, a few people have gone above and beyond to support us and help us grow. We'd like to thank them personally for everything they’ve done. We look forward to our continued collaboration in 2018!
- Ryan Foland
- Charlie Henneman
- Mark Goulston
- Laurie Schloff
- Rahfeal Gordon
- Teresa de Grosbois
- Steve Cuthbert
- Racquel Gabuna
- Esther Snippe
And to all who were interviewed on the World of Speaker series, thank you for being generous with your time and insights.
Last but not least, a very special thanks to the core team here at SpeakerHub.
We look forward to providing you with great service and more opportunities in 2018.
The SpeakerHub Team